Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Impressions: MAC Viva Glam 1 Lipstick


Heyy guys!
So, I FINALLY got around to buying this lipstick! I have been dying to buy this, literally every time I pass by a MAC stockist in town I'm like "AHH WHY CAN I NO HAVE YOU?!?!"
Today I caved in and decided to treat myself (an expensive treat me thinks haha).

Rupaul is one of those people that genuinely inspires me, his style, his personality and his overall FABULOUSNESS is just magical! His quotes are something that always come to my mind in everyday situations such as "You better work, bitch!" and of course my favourite that even my boyfriend has quoted afew times (we watch Rupaul's Drag Race together :P)
"If you can't love yourself, how in the HELL are you gonna love somebody else?!" 
So, when I heard MAC were relaunching the original Viva Glam lipstick that Rupaul created with them, I nearly died!

The colour is a really classic brown-ish red. I can definitely see why Rupaul choice this colour! It's really stunning and I think it's a pretty unique red. Its not like Russian Red, So Chaud or Ruby Woo (some of the most popular MAC reds).
This is what it looks like on my lips (I did a swatch on my hand, but it doesn't show the true colour)

(FYI, I would NEVER think to wear this type of red colour, so thank you Rupaul!)

It is a Matte finish, but I did notice it doesn't dry aswell as the other MAC Matte lipsticks I own. It does transfer and smudge quite easily.. which is kind of disappointing!
However, I would just throw some Lipcote (lipstick sealer) over it to combat that issue, so it is a minor flaw!



As always, the packaging is sleek and very stylish, however once again I have one flaw with it.
I was disappointed that there was no kind of ode to Rupaul on the packaging. All it says on the packaging is MAC and the bottom sticker just says "Viva Glam 1".
I would have thought they'd have atleast Rupaul's signature, picture or something somewhere on the packaging as it was his collaboration! That's just my opinion :)

So overall, I am loving this lipstick and I can DEFINITELY see myself wearing it ! I'm planning on using it in an upcoming tutorial on my youtube channel to stay tuned for that!
HOW MUCH WOULD I LUST AFTER THIS PRODUCT?
4/5 
(lost 1 point for the slight lack of longevity and the packaging)

So, that's all from me guys for now
But I will talk to you all soon!

Lovee,
Shaunaa 

& Remember to give in to your beauty lust ;) x


No comments:

Post a Comment